The Humane Society of Carroll County is currently hiring for a (1) full-time veterinarian.
Veterinarian – High Quality/High Volume Spay/Neuter Veterinarian, Central MD
Fast-growing community-focused animal welfare agency in central Maryland seeks a high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter surgeon for spay and neuter. Full-time/Part-time, specifics negotiable.
We are a progressive 501-C-3 in central Maryland with a new high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter clinic. If you feel strongly about helping animals in your community and being part of a committed and passionate team, this job is for you. Full-time/Part-time, specifics negotiable.
· Perform on average 25-30 spay/neuter surgeries a day
· Follow best practices on pre-, peri-, and post-operative care.
· Provide confident and clear direction to clinic staff.
· Oversee all aspects of assigned patients, including but not limited to; physical examination; surgery; pre- and post-operative care; anesthetic protocols; patient monitoring; and emergency response.
· Assess individual patient issues and provide sensible and compassionate solutions.
· Communicate issues regarding the clinic’s disease control protocols, surgical protocols, or other medical issues with the Executive Director.
· Perform weekly exams at local animal shelter and provide clear and attainable medical plans for staff to follow.
· Collaborate with different departments within the organization to ensure excellent medical care throughout the different programs offered
· Model a standard of continual commitment to improvement in all aspects of organizational operations and handling of animals.
· Maintain Continuing Education requirements as set forth by the Maryland State Board of Veterinary Medicine
· 2-3 years relevant small animal veterinary experience including medicine and surgery
· No sanctions with the Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
· Proficient in sterilization surgeries for cats and dogs.
· Maintain an active Maryland Veterinary License, Maryland Controlled Dangerous Substance License, and Professional Liability Insurance Policy
· DEA License preferable
· Able to exercise professional judgment in the best interest of the animals.
· Strong interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills
· Strong communication skills
· Positive attitude
· Paid time off and holidays
· Health insurance
· Life insurance
· Aflac plans available
· Covered veterinary license renewals
· AVMA membership
· Continued education provided
· 401k retirement plan
· No on call, No evenings, limited weekends
Email resume to MDSpayNeuterClinic@gmail.com